Deactivated Facebook Account | New 2019

To state that Facebook plays a big component in my life is a bit of an exaggeration-- as I'm sure it is for any other social networks manager. Not only do I use it to stay connected with friends and family-- yet I'm permanently adding content to one of the many web pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

Deactivated Facebook Account



Facebook Disabled My Account



Imagine my shock when I attempted to sign into Facebook one early morning only to get the adhering to message:

My account was disabled? What does that even mean?

I attempted to log in with one more internet browser as well as I got the exact same message. Facebook disabled my account!

Facebook provided a type entry page for those desiring to contact Facebook about their disabled account, and I emailed them primarily asking why my account was handicapped as well as just how I can obtain gain access to back to the numerous pages I'm an admin for. I explained that I handle a range of web pages for clients, as well as was constantly mindful concerning the material I uploaded-- after all, my parents get on Facebook also.

After sending out the e-mail to Facebook, I sent an email to the friends that's email addresses I in fact had and also clarified what occurred. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, most of my friends were just able to be called by me on Facebook.

The replies I got from that email were categorized right into three different groups:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it due to the fact that you uploaded political stuff (I such as Ron Paul and also common content concerning #OWS).
- Possibly somebody flagged you.

I check out a few of the write-ups by others that have actually had their accounts handicapped to learn why mine was suddenly drawn-- without cautioning I should add. The posting days on the write-ups cover the life time of Facebook, revealing that the business has actually forever gotten on a behind-the-scenes project of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I found some posts by well-known bloggers or reporters, including Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, as well as Stan Shroeder (Mashable). A number of these high-profiled Facebook customers had their accounts and/or web pages reabled right after Facebook discovered that they disabled. For the remainder of us, we're generally on our very own.

Reading these posts really did not instill much hope in me or my situation. The understanding of what I lost was beginning to embed in also.

Throughout the years I had computers accident, stolen, lost, and so on and depend on Facebook to host all my traveling and also party pictures. The internet site isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so why not submit all my photos on Facebook for my friends and also family to watch at their discernment? There were well over 2000 images, numerous videos, post (notes), plus all the calls (I still haven't had the ability to reconnect with lots of who were all lost when Facebook handicapped my account). This was looking to be a really bleak scenario as I additionally understood simply what was shed.

I had to restore accessibility to Facebook to handle the web pages for my customers, and also for my very own ventures. Most of my pages' admin gain access to were shown to a companion as well as were conveniently held up up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly produced, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the new account.

Several of the Facebook web pages admin accessibility were shown my clients, whom I had to contact to have them re-add me with my new account. All of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" and also rightfully so. I, also, would certainly question the individual I paid to handle my Facebook page why their Facebook account was disabled. Would not you?

I still do not have a solution to that inquiry. "I have no suggestion" is the response I still provide, since its real. Facebook has still yet to offer me a reason my account was impaired. After checking out the reasons Facebook disabled accounts on their web page I was still in the dark. I didn't spam-add people, message sex-related content, pester anyone. so why they erased me really did not make good sense. Just after I review various other short articles did I comprehend a bit extra.

Facebook can disable your account if your display screen name is different than that on your birth certificate. Mine was, yet not by much. It was still phonetically the exact same, however led to different than the remainder of my household. I also had a client who lately used a competition promo to boost their e-mail checklist. According to Facebook promotional standards, competitions can only be operated on Facebook via one of two apps: ShortStack and also WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I examined that customer's Facebook page and also it was gone as well. Aha!

Although the competition had not been specifically held on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's internet site), and the winner was alerted through e-mail (you can not introduce victors on your wall), I was positive this was the upseting action which had me ushered off Facebook without even a 'Goodbye'.

At this moment it was about a week since I originally composed Facebook that eventful morning, and also I still had not received a reply. I took another look at the web page allowing me to speak to Facebook, as well as described that I currently had a much better suggestion about why they disabled me, and that I was sorry. I promised never ever to do something like that again (was it really that bad??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent out that off and also waited once again. After a few more days I understood something. something extremely important-- I created a filter in gmail for Facebook emails. Even if they did email me, I would have never ever gotten the e-mail due to the fact that it was set to "Miss Inbox/Delete". Harsh.

So I sent another email to Facebook, this time letting them understand that I had a filter on my gmail and also if they did call me before this e-mail, I would certainly have never obtained it.

A few days later on I lastly received an e-mail from Javier at Facebook. Here's the only feedback I'll likely get from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent response-- certain Facebook is a 'young' company, however I make certain there should be somebody there with better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- don't email us once more.' OK Facebook.

So what did I gain from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever understand if/when they'll decide to remove you.
2. Don't manage your different customer's web pages with the exact same account. If one page/account obtains deleted, you will not lose them all.
3. A lot of my friends are snobs who's profiles are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Add as a pal" switch making it impossible to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month considering that I had my account handicapped, and also had great deals of time to reflect on the experience. I have not tried to call Facebook directly because I got the e-mail from Javier, but I did begin the website www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and also the hashtag project on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the negative experience.

Do I desire Facebook to alter their disabling plan? Nope.

I handle a couple of MU sites as well as if you want a person off your site, of course remove them/block them/whatever. However, for Facebook to disable the account and to maintain the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog blog posts, that is wrong. What would Facebook be if no one uploaded material onto the website-- No photos to share or tag-- No posts to Like-- No standing updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Facebook must enable those who they disabled to download their account, letting them obtain their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, before going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their buddies condition updates (rather than 'Suching as' it). Facebook currently makes it feasible for an energetic account to be downloaded and install, so why not an impaired account?

It's time for Facebook to get a little bit more mature in this field-- particularly with their IPO announced. I'm really thinking about buying stock just so they will certainly have to pay attention to my complaint-- at the very least I'll make money from them.

Have you had your Facebook account impaired? Did you get it back, and if so just how?